Our Step by Step program is ideally suited for people who are
new to running
revisiting running after taking significant time off
returning from an injury, or
wishing to continue their fitness journey without the pressure of being super fit
To participate in this program, you should have a pace of 6:40 mins per KM or higher when running a 2.5 K to 5K distance (ex 6:40, 7:10, 7:50, etc). If you aren’t sure what your running pace is, please contact us! We will be happy to help you find the appropriate group!
As the weeks progress, so will you! Our walk to run intervals will slowly build up your endurance so that you can confidently complete your running goals. Whether you want to run without stopping, complete a 5K or 10K distance, or even cross a half marathon off your bucket list, we will provide you with specific running workouts that will help you move towards your goals.
Not sure what your goal is? Just ask! We will help you come up with one!
How it works: You will spend 2 days per week performing workout-based runs (for example, intervals) with people who have similar goals as you. On the third day (our “long run” day), you will spend time working on your own personal distance goal. There are NO limitations to your distance goal.
Your runs will be led by a certified "hands-on" coach who will deliver a personable and fun workout every single day. When you aren't in class, you will be a part of a fantastic online community of people who share tips, tricks, race events and more.
Step by step details
10 week program / 4 days per week / 40 lessons
Start date: Monday, June 19th, 2023. End date: Sunday, August 27th, 2023
- Monday’s and Wednesday’s from 6:15 PM to 7:00 PM. Meeting spot is Edgevalley Park - 269 Edgevalley Rd (this is a direct access spot to Killaly Trails)
- BONUS CLASS EVERY FRIDAY FROM 7 AM to 7:45 AM. Meeting spot is Edgevalley Park - 269 Edgevalley Rd
- Sunday's at 9:00AM. Meeting spot is North London Athletic Fields
Access to our private Facebook group which posts workouts in advance
Led by a certified, experienced fitness instructor
Small, personable classes allowing for one-on-one time with the instructor
Opportunity to engage with people who have the same goals as you
Classes are designed so no runner is left behind
▪ You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs.
▪ All participants are required to sign a waiver to be able to participate
▪ All participants have access to our private Facebook group where we post workouts. This gives you the opportunity to complete the workout in your own time.
▪ All classes are rain, snow, or shine unless there is a severe storm warning, or road conditions are unsafe (ex. flooding, ice).
▪ Programs are non-transferable from one season to the next
Holiday Makeup Class Schedule
Monday, July 3rd - CLOSED (Makeup day is Monday, August 28th @ 6:15 PM - Edgevalley)
Wednesday, July 5th - CLOSED (Makeup day is Wednesday, August 30th @ 6:15 PM - Edgevalley)
Friday July 7th - CLOSED (Makeup day is Friday, September 1st @ 7 AM - Edgevalley)
Sunday, July 9th - CLOSED (Makeup day is Sunday, September 3rd @ 9 AM- North London)
Monday, August 7th - CLOSED (Makeup day is Friday, August 11th @ 7 AM - Edgevalley)