Our Step by Step program is perfect for people who are
new to running
revisiting running after taking significant time off
returning from an injury, or
wishing to continue their fitness journey without the pressure of being super fit
To participate in this program, you should have a pace of 6:40 mins per KM or higher when running a 2.5 K to 5K distance (ex 6:40, 7:10, 7:50, etc) If you aren’t sure what your running pace is, please contact us! We will be happy to help you find the perfect group!
As the weeks progress, so will you! From run intervals to gentle speed training, we will practice techniques that will help you confidently complete your goals. Whether you want to run faster, complete a 5K or 10K distance, or even cross a half marathon off your bucket list, we will provide you with specific running workouts to help you get there.
Not sure what your goal is? No worries. We will help you come up with one!
How it works: You will spend 2 days per week performing workout based runs (for example, intervals, sprints, hills, etc) with people who have similar goals as you. On the third day (our “long run” day), you will be spending time working on your own, personal distance goal. There are NO limitations to your distance goal.
Your runs will be lead by a certified, "hands on" coach who will deliver a personable and fun workout every single day. When you aren't in class, you will be a part of an amazing online community of people who share tips, tricks, race events and more.
Step by step details
8 week program / 3 days per week / 24 lessons
Start date: January 23rd, 2023. End date: March 24th, 2023
Monday’s and Wednesday’s from 6:15 to 7:00 PM. Meeting spot is Edgevalley Park - 269 Edgevalley Rd (this is a direct access spot to Killaly Trails).
Sunday's at 9:00AM. Meeting spot is North London Athletic Fields
Access to our private facebook group which posts workouts in advance
Led by a certified, experienced fitness instructor
Small, personable classes allowing for one on one time with instructor
Opportunity to engage with people who have the same goals as you
Classes are designed so no runner is left behind
No matter what, we promise you that when you run with us, one of the first rewards is becoming part of a community which prospers off of positivity.
▪ You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs
▪ All participants are required to sign a Waiver to be able to participate
▪ Any cancelled classes will offer a makeup class TBD at the time of cancellation. We will try to keep this as minimal as possible
▪ All participants have access to our private facebook group where we post workouts. This gives you the opportunity to complete the workout in your own time.
▪ All classes are rain, snow, or shine unless there is a severe storm warning, or road conditions are unsafe (ex, flooding, ice)
▪ It will be dark outside during our evening runs. Headlamps, flashlights and light up vests are encouraged. If it is too dark, we will be running on the roads as opposed to the trails. Safety is our number one priority.