Your running shouldn't be put on hold because it's cold outside!
Trust us. We know it's hard to get outside in the winter! Sometimes we need extra motivation and a push from our peers.
By the end of this 3 month program, you will crush your 15K goals making you mentally and phsyically prepared for the next level of your fitness journey - the half marathon!
No matter what, we promise you that when you join our tribe, one of the first rewards is becoming part of a community which prospers off of positivity.
To start you off on your cold weather running journey, here are a few reasons as to WHY you should totally do it!
- You burn extra calories and your metabolic rate increases even after you've stopped running
- Outdoor cardio boosts serotonin levels, leaving us feel happier and more energetic through the cold, dark season
- Research has shown that when you spend time in cold weather, your body uses sugar for energy rather than storing it as body fat.
- It will keep you calm throughout the holiday season and clear your head of stress
This running group is a 3 month program from January 11th, 2021 until April 5th, 2021. There are only 10 spots available.
What to Expect
Our class instruction will vary - from fartlek's to hill drills to distance training - we will give you a variety of workouts while staying safe pending on the road conditions.
Remember - we focus on the experience, not the stats. So if we see Bambi playing in a snowbank, you can bet we are going to stop what we are doing to take pictures!
Class Times & Location
We will be meeting at 1625 Purser Street for 3 weekly sessions, 1 - 45 minute session, 1 - 60 minute and 1 - 90 minute session per week for 3 months. This is a total of 36 sessions. Classes may exceed their times by a few minutes, so please be prepared.
Class times are as follows:
▪ Tuesday's 5 to 5:45 PM
▪ Saturday's 8 to 9 AM
▪ Sunday's 9 to 10:30 AM
▪ You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs
▪ All participants are required to sign a Waiver to be able to participate
▪ Any cancelled classes will offer a makeup class TBD at the time of cancellation. We will try to keep this as minimal as possible
▪If you can't make it to all 3 days, we will send you instruction of what we covered in class so you can make it up in your own time.
▪ All classes are rain, snow or shine unless there is a severe storm warning.