Updated: Aug 15, 2020
As runners, a huge challenge for some of us is taking the time to warm up properly & efficiently before we sprint out the door. 🏃♀️🏃♂️ That's bad bad bad! If you want to read more about the benefits of warming up, visit our blog. In the meantime, here is a video of a dynamic warm up to help get you through those tough runs. This will warm up every major muscle group you use while running, plus the supporting muscles like the abs, back and shoulders.
Go through the sequence 2X at 10 reps each for an effective 5 minute running warm-up OR Go through the sequence 8X times at 10 reps for a killer leg workout.
Routine is as follows
1. 10 reps of plyomoetric side lunges to reverse lunges on EACH leg. Beginners, take the jump out. Form check: when your supporting leg is bent, you should be able to look down and see your toes.
2. 10 reps of squats with front leg lifts. Beginners, go to a quarter squat. Form check: Put all your weight in the back of your heels and stick that booty out on the way down.
3. 10 reps of lateral leg lifts on EACH leg. Beginners, put your foot on the ground between each lift. Form check: Keep your posture straight, avoid bending to the side at the waist.
4. 10 reps of runners lunge jumps. Beginners: Take the jumps out. Form check: Neutral spine, head and hips, palms under elbows, elbows under shoulders.
5. 10 reps of plank to down dog. Hold each position for 3 seconds before transitioning. Beginners: Bend your knees during down dog. Form check: Neutral spine, head and hips. It's really important to keep your head in line with spine for each movement. Avoid looking at your toes in down dog, I promise they are still there!
Remember, effective dynamic warm ups make us better performers, and help us to avoid injury! Try it out and let me know what you think!
#workoutvideo #workout #learntorun #running #runners #runnersofig #fitnessmotivation #fitbitrun #workoutvideos #bodybuilding #fitspo #workoutroutine #homeworkout #legday #training #girlswholift #fitlife #fitnessvideo #glutes #workoutoftheday #workouttips #runningtips #gymshark #workoutideas #runnerswholift #bootyworkout #getfit #homeworkouts #instafit